INFORMATION ABOUT US
We inform those who use the Euroleague Platforms and Services that all their personal data submitted to the Euroleague Basketball through the use of the Euroleague Platforms and Services will be stored in a database owned by Euroleague Properties SA with address in 60, Grand-Rue, L-1660, Luxembourg.
Our data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected]
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may communicate your personal data to public organizations, judges, courts and, in general, competent authorities when we have the legal obligation to provide them and to third-party services providers (which may be based outside the European Economic Area) as a consequence of the provision of services. Please note that we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is processed as safely and securely as it would be within the European Economic Area and under the GDPR. Euroleague Basketball follows strict criteria of selection of services providers in order to comply with their obligations in terms of data protection and undertakes to sign with them the corresponding data processing contracts through which they will impose, among others, the following obligations: apply appropriate technical and organizational measures, use the personal data for the agreed purposes and attend only to the documented instructions of the Euroleague Basketball; and delete or return the data to Euroleague Basketball once the provision of services ends.
Your data will be processed by Euroleague Basketball for the fulfillment of the following purposes:
- Organization of services and events: draws, competitions and promotional events. In case you want to participate, you will sign up voluntarily by submitting the forms provided by Euroleague Basketball.
- Ensure you can enjoy the services you have subscribed to.
- Market research and reporting: conducting market research and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and send out e-mail alerts you may have signed up for.
- Sending newsletters and magazines: information on the activities, events, services and products of the Euroleague Basketball and our sponsors and collaborators as long as you have consented to this service.
- Conducting surveys: in order to verify the quality of communications, the services as well as the products we offer.
- Information of promotions and commercial actions of our collaborators and sponsors: we will inform you of the development of any promotions and commercial actions conducted by our sponsors and collaborators by means of a general nature or adapted to your personal characteristics, as long as you have given your consent through the form established for that purpose. Also, we inform you that you can oppose and/or withdraw your consent for this service at any time.
- Management of registration and cancelation of users: user registrations made through any Euroleague Platform, form or application. This information will allow us to know your profile and thus be able to make better offers and put at your disposal information that may be of interest to you about events and activities we organize.
- Management of the relationship with members (if applicable), including economic, accounting, fiscal and administrative management: management of your membership status, modification and/or updating of your data, modification of bank account details, monitoring of payments.
- Cookies: processing of data relating to own and third-party cookies in order to analyze your browsing habits and improve services: you can consult the detail of the information on the cookies policy of Euroleague Basketball in the use of the aforementioned data in the following link.
The legal basis for such processing will be the performance of the relationship between Euroleague Basketball and you, and for the cases expressly indicated above related to commercial communications, contests or promotional events, your express consent.
If you wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us or our partners, sponsors, and affiliates, you can choose to opt-in when providing your Personal information to us. If you change your mind, you can opt-out anytime by clicking the option “unsubscribe” available in all our press releases, advertising and newsletters.
Please note: if you decide to opt-out of receiving information, we will be unable to keep you informed of any new products, services or special offers that may interest you and will have an impact on our ability to inform you of any events or important information as part of any subscription service you may have.
We will not transfer your personal data to any third parties except in those cases in which We might be legally obliged to do so or We receive any formal requirement form the Authorities.
Euroleague Basketball collects personal information when you visit or use the Euroleague Platforms or Euroleague Services. Euroleague Basketball may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When using the Euroleague Platforms (and any related applications and services) or registering we may ask you to provide all or some of the following information: your name, e-mail address, gender, telephone number, country address, age and preferred basketball teams, amongst others (“Personal Information”). We may also ask you to provide your thoughts or answer some questions about your favorite events, team or sportsmen and other subjects of interest to basketball fans and information relevant to the commercial operations of the Euroleague Basketball. When you register to enjoy any of the Euroleague Basketball services and sign to use them, you are not anonymous to us.
When you purchase any live events viewable on the Euroleague Platforms or participate in or access or sign up to any of the Euroleague Basketball services, activities or online content, such as newsletters or e-mail regarding upcoming events, competitions, web and mobile notifications, book tickets for an Euroleague Basketball event we may receive Personal Information about you as the services may not work properly without such information.
When we provide personalized services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example your Twitter, Instagram, Google+, VK, Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalization. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third –party service such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third-party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow the Euroleague Basketball to access your Personal Information and any other information you have made publicly accessible. Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by the Euroleague Basketball.
Likewise, Euroleague Basketball automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Euroleague Basketball cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and your physical location and the page you request.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your personal data will be processed for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for (as outlined at ‘Specific Purposes’ above).
For the purpose of sending you commercial communications, your personal data will be kept as long as you have not withdrawn your consent for this purposes. See ‘Specific Purposes’ above, for further information in relation to how you can opt-out of receiving such communications.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We recommend that you visit our Cookies Policy.
WHAT IF I AM A CHILD?
Euroleague Basketball will not collect or process personal data for children (such age to be established under applicable EU and national data protection law) without fully complying with the requirements established in the applicable data protection regulations, regarding compliance with the duty to inform and obtain those consents that they are necessary.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CURRENT LAW
Under the GDPR you may exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion of data, request the processing to be restricted, oppose it or request data portability at any time by sending a written notice to Euroleague Properties SA, 60 Grand-Rue L-1660 Luxembourg, or by sending an email to [email protected], clearly indicating the right you wish to exercise and attaching a copy of your national identification document or similar document proving your identity. You may also file a claim with the Agency for Data Protection.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS